Monday, October 8, 2012

YMCA Fall 2012 Soccer Game #3: Team Houston @ Colorado

Game #2 was cancelled due last week to rain. Our game this week started at 9am which coincided with the race so James and Andrew went to the game while I did the Komen walk. I was disappointed that this week was our only early game this season, but that's life, right?

The game was also at West Orem YMCA, which was about ten minutes away from the Weekley YMCA.

We had told Andrew that if he scored a goal, he could earn Blades, one of the Transformer Rescue Bots. But we had also told him that if he ended up scoring another goal, he could earn Cody Burns, an action figure from the cartoon. And if he had a hat trick, he could open his Bumblebee garage.

James said when Andrew went in the first quarter, he was like a kid possessed. Andrew was a man with a mission and ended up scoring right away. James also noted that after that, Andrew was more lackadaisical about playing. Not that he played bad, but he didn't have the same intensity out there.

And it wasn't just Andrew that did well. A few other of his teammates scored as well. James said we scored a total of like seven goals. I was so happy for the team and the kids. I am just sorry I wasn't there to see it myself.

Of course, I don't have any photos from the game, but I did snap a photo of Andrew with his coveted prize, Blades earlier this afternoon.


No comments: