Monday, October 22, 2012

Seoul Through the Eyes of a 4 Year Old

So, as I mentioned early, Andrew has really been into taking photos with my small point and shoot camera, which he refers to as my "small camera". And this trip, he became even more infatuated with taking pictures. He is totally learning it from me, I think. I taught him how to zoom in and out as well as record video. Mainly, he wanted to record the trains and the cable car.

His usual subjects of his photos are flowers and water features. I loved how he would direct Ngoai in his pictures telling her to stand here or sit there. One time, he told her not to get in the picture so he could take it by itself and then told her "you can get in now". Another time when he took the group shot of us at Insa-dong, he took the photo and said "perfect!" He did ask to take quite a bit of shots with Daddy and Mommy. So cute!

The only downside is that he accidentally dropped the camera when we were at Yeouido Park and cracked the viewfinder. Fortunately, the crack is small and in the top left camera so it's not that bad. But I think he learned his lesson and used the wrist strap after that. Hard lesson to learn...or maybe it was just harder on Mommy!

Anyways, I wanted to share some of his photos from our trip. We are going to print a few so he can have his own artwork on display in his room. Some of his shots are pretty good I have to admit. Some cut of heads or body parts and some are a tad blurry from him not holding the camera still. But I got to say, I am a little impressed with some of his photos (I know I am biased, but still).

So, here is Seoul, South Korea through the eyes of our four year old.