Monday, October 15, 2012

October 15th 2012

Today is October 15th and Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day. Last year, we released balloons for Matthew, but I didn't know what to do this year since we would be here in Korea.

It's easy not to think about Matthew on this trip with everything that we are doing, but there are times, when I have thought of him other than today. First, I don't even know if we would be on this trip if we had Matthew with us. I was apprehensive about taking a four year old on a eighteen hour flight much less a one year old. There was a woman in the row ahead of us with two kids both younger than Andrew and I couldn't help but picture how it would be if we had two kids on the plane.

And one of the in-flight movies I watched was What to Expect When You are Expecting and maybe I shouldn't have in hindsight. But it is supposedly a comedy and there wasn't any more movies that I wanted to watch. I wasn't sure if I would be affected. At the end of the movie and the characters are having their babies, I definitely felt a pang of sadness and thought about that night at the hospital. I was happy to be holding Matthew in my arms, but sad because we had to say goodbye. I couldn't help but tear up a little.

But when we were at the palace and came across the zodiac animals, I definitely wanted to take a photo of Matthew's sign, which is the rabbit in Chinese tradition (but a cat in Vietnamese--for some reason, Vietnamese use a cat instead).

Whatever animal, Matthew is our angel in Heaven and we miss you and love you so very much.

An angel in the book of life wrote down my baby's birth.
Then whispered as she closed the book "too beautiful for earth".
~Author Unknown



No comments: