Sunday, December 12, 2010

Sleepover with Uncle Anh Tuan

Tonight, Uncle Anh Tuan and Andrew had their first sleepover. Daddy and I had been toying with the idea of having a night away especially since I have never spent the night away from Andrew. Originally, we had thought about going to Austin with Ngoai and Papa and leave Andrew with the three of them and then go out to the Hill Country or somewhere to take a vineyard tour. Ngoai ended up needing to stay in League City to work, but Anh Tuan still said for us to come and he was sure that he could watch Andrew by himself. And we decided against the wine tour because we couldn't work out the timing with everything else we wanted to do.

So after the basketball game, we came home and started to get everything set for the night while Uncle was on his way home from a volleyball tournament. We took Andrew a bath and ordered pizza for the boys. Then, we got ourselves and our things ready for the hotel stay. We ended up getting reservations at a restaurant called Urban located at The Westin Austin at The Domain, which was the hotel we were staying at.

Dinner was nice--mainly because we could enjoy our delicious meal without interruption. It is still weird for me to eat without worrying about or tending to Andrew. But I enjoyed eating in peace for one night and just being with James.
Foo was nice to me in sending me a picture of Andrew watching a Thomas DVD (I had asked him to send me at least one) and said that everything was going well so far. After dinner, we thought about going to watch a movie at the theatre, but there wasn't anything that we really wanted to see. So, we ended up walking to Borders to get a couple of books and a little gift for Andrew. Then, we headed back to the hotel and called it a night.

In the morning, we grabbed quick breakfast and headed to get massages. It was a perfect way to end our extended date. But I have to admit I was excited about heading back to Foo's house and back Andrew. Uncle Anh Tuan said he only asked for me three times in the morning and never cried or fussed. I am so proud of Andrew for handling himself so well and for being such a big boy!
A special thanks to Anh Tuan for making this all possible. We really appreciate your watching Andrew for us and taking such good care of him. He loved spending that time with you!!

And I totally suck because I forgot to take pictures of James and me on our date! :( Next time, for sure! But here is the one I got from Uncle Foo.

No comments: