Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The First Day with the Armstrongs In Houston

We all woke up and lounged around the house doing whatever. The kids played of course. They played with trains and the play kitchen mostly. Andrew's been really cute with all his cousins. He totally wants to be with them every minute!

I had given Anh Thu a quick rundown of activities we could do and she said the kids could pick. But they were having so much fun this morning, they really didn't care to go out yet. But eventually, I think Andrew got a little stir crazy so I wanted to get him out of the house.

Brennan said he wanted to ride the Metro of all things. He loves trains almost as much as Andrew does. So, we all got dressed and ready to go. Uncle Anh Tuan was going to take Aunt Anh Thu to Target for an errand and lunch while Rick, Ngoai, and I took the kids to the Metro.

Brennan and Andrew said they wanted to ride the Metro all the way around. So, that's what we did. The boys were so cute as they were entranced looking out the window (even if Andrew had ridden it so many times already). The girls seemed to enjoy it as well, but probably not as much as the boys. But they were good sports.

After we came hom, we ate some lunch (the Armstrongs requested Chick Fil A) and then I put Andrew to bed. Emma was sweet and helped me put him down. That way, Andrew didn't put up too much of a stink about napping. She stayed in the room with me until he fell asleep.

We just lounged around the rest of the afternoon. Cara learned how to crochet from Ngoai while Emma and Andrew watched The Cat in the Hat. And Brennan spent most of his time playing trains upstairs.

Aunt Vinaya's plane back to New York was postponed so she, her older brother Vinod, and his wife Alpana came over to visit. I had just had the pleasure of meeting Alpana on Sunday, but Anh Thu and Rick hadn't had the chance to meet her yet. So, it was a great visit. And I totally suck because I was too busy having a good time that I forgot to take pictures of our guests.

Later in the evening, we finally let the kids open their presents. They had been waiting since yesterday. They got Andrew an awesome Disney monorail and GeoTrax train. He was totally enamored with the monorail and wouldn't put it down.

Anh Thu and Rick headed to dinner at Brennan's to celebrate their fourteenth wedding anniversary. Crazy, huh!? Ngoai, Uncle Foo, Daddy and I treated the kids to Little Bigz and Yogurtland, which was the bigger hit of the two. No shock there!

It was time for Andrew to take a bath and Emma asked if she could take a bath with Andrew. If she wants to, then I am okay with it. So, I said it was fine. Sure enough, Brennan and Cara wanted to partake in the bathtub fun and it was a sight to see them all in our tub together! I didn't think they would all fit, but they managed. They are all pretty thin!

After bath, the kids played a little more and then we put Andrew and Brennan to bed. Emma wanted to help too, but ended up falling asleep too. So sweet!














1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOGURT LAND!!
:)
CARA