Monday, December 20, 2010

Dickinson Festival of Lights

Andrew and I spent the day down in League City since he didn't have school today. Ngoai had been wanting to take Andrew to Dickinson Festival of Lights, but we hadn't had the opportunity to go yet...until tonight. We ate an early dinner and drove down to Dickinson, which is like ten minutes away from League City.

Since they expected larger crowds this last week before Christmas, they had organized school buses to shuttle people to and from the Festival. Andrew was so excited about riding a school bus!! He looked everywhere in and out of the bus. He's just too funny!

Once we arrived, we began our walking tour. It was so magical! We couldn't believe all the lights! Andrew would tell us of the things he saw like Baby Jesus, Santa, reindeers, snowmen, etc. And of course, the trains! He spotted them so fast even before Ngoai and I could.

We finally came to the area where there was Santa and his sleigh. I asked Andrew if he wanted to go see Santa; and he resoundingly said "yes." So we waited in line for our turn. The gentleman volunteering was very kind and said we could take pictures with our camera or he could take some with his. Since I had mine, I just figured take some with ours. And he even offered--or rather made me go sit in the pictures with Ngoai and Andrew.

Then, we just walked around the entire path and then headed back to the buses. It was already getting pretty late and we still had to drive back home. But we had a great time. The City of Dickinson and everyone involved did a wonderful job; and I am so glad we went. I hope we can go back next year again!

**Note: As you can see, I am still trying to figure out picture taking at night!?













No comments: