Wednesday, September 15, 2010

School Update: Week #3

Here's the recap from this past week at school:

Monday, September 13, 2010

Andrew was in good spirits this morning. He did say "no school", but he wasn't reluctant to get dressed, get in the car, or walk to his classroom. I had signed him in and he had put away his things with no problem. Then, a little girl started to cry and then Andrew started to cry too.

I hugged him and told him it was okay and that I would come pick up later. He still was crying, but not bawling thankfully. I then told him that I was going to have to leave, but I would be back to pick him up. I meant leave in a couple of minutes, but Andrew took it as right then. So, he kissed me and told me "love you." I just went with that and let Ms. Quiroz take him to go wash his hands. As usual, I stook outside the door and listened for him. I didn't hear him crying anymore so that's was good.

A little bit after I got home, Ngoai arrived. We did a little mother-daughter bonding time and went shopping. It was nice getting to shop without chasing after Andrew, but I kept thinking about him as did Ngoai. Soon enough, it was time to go pick him up. I let Ngoai walk in front of me so Andrew would see her first. He ran to her and she picked him up and held him. The look on his face was sad. But his teachers said he was fine all day and did great.

Afterwards, Andrew said he wanted to eat at Chick Fil A (he loved to eat Chick Fil A with Ngoai since we have done it so many time before at the Galleria) so we drove over there for some lunch. He ate well and then played on the playscape for a little bit before we headed home for naps. We explained that Ngoai would be gone when he woke up as she had to drive back to her house. He usually is okay with his, but today, he was sad that she was going to leave. To ease his disappointment, he wanted Ngoai to read his night night books before his nap.




























































Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Andrew was a lot more apprehensive about going to school this morning. Sadly, he cried a little bit as we walked down the stairs, but was okay on the drive over. We arrived at school a little early so we waited outside the classroom. And sadly, he started to cry again. It's more like whimpering with Andrew saying "no school." It's not the all out bawling his eyes out crying by any means.

After Ms. Faruolo opened the door, we walked in and put up his snacks and bags. And sadly again, he started to cry again. Ms. Faruolo came and got him and held him. She told me to go ahead and go so he wouldn't get more upset. I walked out the room, but stayed in the hallway again to listen in. I heard him cry a little more asking for me, but not even two minutes later, he had stopped.

When I picked him up, the teachers said he did great and had fun. They also said he didn't cry at all after drop off. On his daily note, Ms. Faruolo wrote, "Music was fun today. Andrew played with the legos and puzzles in the room. Outside he played with small cars and trucks. He is doing very well--no crying after he recovers from drop off."

Andrew also had music class for the first time today. He told me his teacher's name was Ms. Winke and that they clapped and patted on their thighs. He said he liked it and asked for "more music." His class will have music every other week and will alternate with motor class, which is similar to physical education, or PE as we have always called it.

After school, Andrew and I ventured to Jamba Juice for a smoothie. He then asked if we could go to Barnes & Noble. We didn't have anything else planned so we did and stayed for a while playing on the train table and reading books.

















Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Andrew was better while getting ready for school in the morning, but started to cry right beforew we walked into the classroom door. He didn't even want to put up his snack or bags. Ms. Faruolo came and held him and gave me the look to go ahead and go as we have been doing the last few times. I quickly signed him in and left the classroom. As I stood in the hallway listening, I didn't even him a minute later. I am really glad the crying is short-lived.

While at school, the kids made some art gluing foam shapes and also worked on learning the names of their classmates. Ms. Quiroz put on his daily note that Andrew "played at the game table and also worked on puzzles."

Mary Ann came over to the house with Madison later in the afternoon to hang out and later go pick up Andrew with me. I had told Andrew that Mary Ann might be there to pick him up with me, but I wasn't sure just in case she couldn't make it. But as I let her go into the classroom in front me, he saw her and wasn't sure what to make of it. But he finally realized what was going on and ran to her.

We gave Andrew the option of cupcakes, Jamba Juice, or ice cream for our treat to which he chose ice cream. We drove to the Baskin Robbins close to his school and had our little ice cream snack. Andrew chose mint chocolate chip, but also enjoyed my cheesecake ice cream. It was really cute because Andrew kept asking for Madison and why she wasn't there to get ice cream with us. I had to explain to him that most stores don't let dogs in.

Then, we went home so Andrew could play with Madison before they had to go home. He would still say "no school" and "more school." I really think he is starting to get used to it, but just doesn't like leaving me. But while he is there, his teachers say that he seems to really enjoy it.



No comments: