Wednesday, September 29, 2010

School Update: Week #5

Monday, September 27, 2010

Andrew was a little apprehensive about going to school today, but only said "no school" once. He didn't give me any grief while we got ready or while we were driving over. He walked to his classroom just fine too. But when another boy started crying, Andrew started to cry too. But when I picked him up, the teachers said he did great all day! Hopefully, it was a fluke because he hadn't been to school in a few days and he was out of sync with going to school.

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Andrew got ready this morning with no problems and no crying, but did get a little sad when we walked into the classroom. But I gave him a goodbye hug and kiss and told him to go wash his hands. I thought that if he just did what he is supposed to and not to make a big deal of his sadness that maybe Andrew would just go along with it. Well, he walked over to Ms. Quiroz. And she rolled with the punches and asked him about his airplane shirt. So, another drop off without tears! Yeah hoo!!

When I picked up him, he ran right over to me. Ms. Quiroz laughed and said it's funny how Andrew's face goes from happy to sad when I come to pick him up. And she reassured me that he had been happy all day.

I read on the bullentin board they had music class today. And Ms. Quiroz said he loved it and had a great time. As we drove to speech therapy, he told me that they read a train book with a yellow train in it. I am not really sure what this is about, but good enough for me. He also said they stood up, clapped hands, and held hands. I asked him who he held hands with and he told me "Scarlett".

This evening, we met Ms. Andi, Gavin, and Shane at Mission Burritos for dinner. Ms. Robin and Jack were able to meet us too (Jack also attends St. Luke's too, but in one of the three year old classes). The boys had lots of fun on the playground before and after eating including picking up tons of acorns on the ground.


























Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Nothing special occurred during our morning routine getting ready and driving to school. When we walked into class, he looked at Ms. Faruolo and said "Mama?" She just calmly said that I would be back to pick him up. Apparently, that was good enough for him and he said goodbye to me.

After I picked him up, he also asked for more school and was more hesitant to leave school. In the car, I asked about his day to which his favorite part seems to be going to the playground. He told me that today, he played with Gray and went down the slides.

So, he seems to be starting to like it more. He loves to hugs his teachers and classmates goodbye when I pick him up. He will still say "no school" and "more school." But where he used to "no school" more than "more school", it seems to be the opposite now.

Andrew's been able to nap at school very well since that second week of school and continues to do so. He usually sleeps an hour and a half and has to be woken up at 2pm to get ready for pick up. Today, he even asked me for "more night night". I guess he likes sleeping at school.
Here's Andrew's artwork from today--the blots are supposed to be germs, which they learned about today and how can prevent the passing of them.

No comments: