Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Just Say No?

Today marked the end of an era. Sadly, Andrew started saying "no" today. Yesterday, he started to say "pee" for please, which I was estatic about. But I was so much less enthusiastic when I heard "no" come out of his mouth. And it is funny because the speech pathologist had asked if Andrew could say "no"; and Mommy happily replied that he didn't, but it was because we have purposefully tried to keep him from saying it.

But whenever he would say "no" today, I would try to wag my finger at him saying "no, thank you" to remind him not to just say no. Hopefully, this will minimize how many no's he does say.

Well, it was a good run anyway--twenty months without that word dripping from his sweet mouth. We have been so content with the wag of the finger. Hopefully, Andrew won't totally drop it. And hopefully, he won't say "no" too much from here on out. I am not holding my breath though.

Below is a photo of Andrew in some new pajamas that Ngoai bought for him. He totally loves the buses pointing at the ones he can. The footsies on Andrew crack me up!

No comments: