Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Pool Play Date with Palmer

This morning, we scheduled a play date with Ms. Jenny and Palmer, who we sadly hadn't seen them in awhile so it was a real treat getting the chance to play together again.

Jenny hadn't taken Palmer to Colonial Park Pool before and wanted to try it out after hearing me hype it up so much. They got there a little before we did and Palmer wanted to play on the playground. But when we got there, he didn't want to leave for the pool. Sounds like another two year old I know and love!! ;) It's nice to know Andrew isn't the only one! But finally, he relented and we were on our way to the pool.

And Palmer was so excited when he saw the pool. He went on the slides and played on the playscape especially the buckets and water dam. Andrew was happy to follow along and play with him. The boys did really well together. It was too seeing them ride down the slide together too. They even held hands too!! Totally pulls at my heartstrings.


It was also great because Jenny and I were able to catch up and chat. It had been too long!! Around lunchtime, we decided to leave and go to lunch at Skeeters. It worked out great because my cousin, Nhat, called me up and was close to Downtown and wanted to see if I was available for lunch. I told him of my plans and he agreed to meet us at Skeeters. And Jenny was sweet to not mind the extra guests. It was awesome that it worked out!!

Unfortunately, I didn't get too many pictures at the pool since Jenny and I were having to constantly watch the boys. But I did get some snapshots of them eating snacks in the midst of all the swimming. I was glad to get to see them since it's harder to get together when we don't have ready made play dates at Gymboree.

No comments: