Friday, August 13, 2010

CMH with Uncle Nat & Family

This morning, Uncle Nhat and family came up to Houston to spend the day with us. We let the girls decide between the Natural Science Museum or the Children's Museum. Kyana chose CMH so off we went.

Upon arriving, I showed them the Asian exhibit to pay hommage to our culture and homeland. It worked out great because Nhat saw a boat that was similar to the one of the boats that he travelled in when he left Vietnam for America with his dad, my Uncle Minh, and his brother, Uncle Duc. I love hearing my family tell stories of their life experiences especially the ones about their coming to the US. It always makes me realize how lucky I am and how fortunate I am that Papa and Ngoai were so brave to make the journey to give us a better life.

Anyhow, we made our way through the museum and the kids all seemed to be having fun. Kimmie did a great job pulling herself up via the pulley system and making a bridge. Everyone had fun cooking and going grocery shopping in Kidtopolis. Kyana was fantastic and the electric jump rope thing they had in Power Play. Andrew wanted to go out to Flow Works so we did that a bit. But it was getting so hot by then, it was time to leave and grab some lunch at Barnaby's (Kimmie really wanted a buffalo burger).

After lunch, we came home to put Andrew down for a nap. Kyana laid in Andrew's room and was so sweet trying to put him down for a nap. And we were hoping that she would fall asleep in the process too. Nhat was sweet to watch Andrew and the girls while I took Jackie to Hobby Lobby since they don't have them in California.

Here's the slideshow of my Texan boy with his California cousins. Again, I have also posted the pictures on Shutterfly since the quality of the slideshow leaves much to be desired.

No comments: