Friday, August 20, 2010

Moment of the Day

Andrew and I ventured down to spend the day with Ngoai and Papa in League City. We asked Andrew what he wanted to do given the choices of Kemah or the beach. He chose Kemah. So, we got ready and started on the drive to Kemah. Andrew was so happy in the car; I guess he was excited and giddy!

Our plan was to let Andrew ride once with Ngoai and once with Papa so he could ride the train twice. Double the fun, right?! But I had a coupon for buy one get one free train rides. Hooray!! Even better! We bought our tickets and we walked over to the train depot. But sadly, they were fixing the train and weren't sure when it was going to be fixed.

So, we decided to head over to the Aquarium first to pass the time. When we got back to train station, the train still wasn't fixed and they said it would be a while before they did. But they said we could ride another ride or ride the train another day with our purchased tickets. Good enough for me. But Andrew was kind of sad about it. So, I asked if he wanted to ride the carousel since he had been enjoying them the last couple of times. He agreed and we got in line. Andrew rode the dragon and did very well on the ride. He seemed to have a good time.

Then, as we were walking to our car to head home, Papa heard the train whistle. I admit I was skeptical, but we figured we would check it out. And sure enough, the train was fixed!! After a trial run, Papa and Andrew boarded the train while Ngoai and I sat and chatted. It worked out very well and Andrew was so happy he got to ride the train after all!!

But the moment of the day came later in the afternoon. After he woke up from his nap, Papa asked if we were going to the pool. I replied that I didn't know if they were open or not. Andrew, of course, hearing us talk about the pool, proceeds to walk over to the fridge and began looking at the pool schedule that I had hung up at the beginning of summer like he was reading it. I have maybe looked at the piece of paper maybe two or three times over the last few months and have never specifically told Andrew what I was looking at. He must have deducted it from watching me go over there when we have talked about going to the pool. Smarty pants!! We are still laughing about it!

So, yes, the pool was open. We got ready and headed that way. The pool was empty but for the two bored lifeguards (I felt so bad for them). Ngoai had gotten Andrew this inflatable boat float that we blew up and brought with us. Andrew liked it a lot and had a grand ole time in it. But eventually, he grew tired of it and just wanted to be in the water himself. After the pool, we ate dinner and took a bath. Then, we drove home to see Daddy!! We had a very fun day. Thanks, Ngoai and Papa!







No comments: