Wednesday, August 5, 2009

More Max, More Zoo, But Less Misconduct

This morning, Linda and I took the boys to the zoo. We tried to get there at 9am when it opened so it wouldn't be as hot. But it was still pretty hot anyhow! Since Andrew goes more often than Max and Max hadn't been there in awhile, I let Max lead the way by asking him what animals he wanted to see. Max wanted to see the giraffes, elephants, and lion just like Andrew. But once we got to the lion area, Max got a glimpse of the carousel and wanted to ride it (Andrew...not so much). But if I have learned nothing from being Andrew's mommy, I have learned that Andrew will eventually get over his fears if we just work at it over and over (e.g., the pool and bouncer). Andrew sat on one of the animals, but then changed his mind. So,we sat in one of the seats again; and he was fine. I am sure it's just a matter of time before he enjoys riding the animals.

After the carousel, we took the boys to the playground where the boys only played for a small time. They both wanted to go over to the petting zoo. But what so sweet was that Max grabbed Andrew's hand to take him there! The boys did great with the animals, patting and brushing them. Afterwards, we went to watch a little puppet show and the sea lion show.

I couldn't believe it, but we had been there almost two hours. Typically, I am there for about an hour because I don't want to be in the heat. But the time flew by especially since we did a lot of things while we were there like the carousel and petting zoo. Usually, Andrew and I just look around at the animals.

It was nearing lunch time; and I think we had all worked up an appetite. Linda and I decided on a restaurant called Hungary's in the Village. She likes the restaurant; and I have never been there before (Daddy has and likes it) so wanted to try it. Well, I am so glad I did. Not only was it delicious, but Max and Andrew ate so well! I ordered a penne pasta with chicken for Andrew. Since there was so much food, I gave Max some. Well, both boys just tore it up! I ordered a honey glazed salmon wrap, which was also very yummy. But Andrew also loved the salmon. And to end it on a good note, as we were walking out of the restaurant, Max wanted to hold Andrew's hand again. It was so adorable!

It was a great morning. I am so happy that Max and Andrew were behaving so well and were so sweet to each other! Our boys are really growing to be friends! Additionally, after the last time we had a play date with Linda and Max, I posted about how Andrew hit another kid at the museum. But this time, I am happy to report that there was no hitting of any kind!



















































No comments: