Friday, August 28, 2009

Baby Gabriella

My dear friend from law school, Cynthia, had a baby girl on August 7th. Andrew and I went to see the new mommy and Baby Gabriella this morning on our way down to League City. Such a sweet little angel she is! Mommy couldn't help but think about when Andrew was that small. And yes, I yearned a bit.

I was nervous about how Andrew would react to the baby considering potential jealously and aggression. But let me say that my own little angel did me so proud. He didn't get jealous when I held Gabby (and I must have held her at least ten minutes). And he gently patted her and even tried to kiss her; I just let him kiss her on the hand and not face. Maybe Andrew is more ready for a sibling than I thought!?

Congratulations, Aunt Cynthia! Welcome to the world, Gabriella! We look forward to many play dates and parties!

Below are two photos from today: (1) Aunt Cynthia and Baby Gabriella; and (2) my sweet angel in his new train pajamas.


No comments: