Saturday, March 26, 2011

YMCA Spring Soccer Week 5: Seattle v. Toronto

It's crazy how long it's been since we had soccer. Week 2 was rained out, but we will have a make up practice and game later in April. We missed Week 3 with our trip to Vegas. And then, we didn't have the next week after that for Spring Break.

We had spent Thursday and Friday in League City and Friday night, Andrew said he didn't want to go home. I didn't care too much either way because I know he loves spending time down there and Uncle Foo was headed into town as well. The only thing I don't like is having to get Andrew up, fed, ready and out the door a good thirty-five minutes before practice to drive back up to Houston.

This morning was also Picture Day in addition to our normal practice and game. Papa, who was battling another round of gout wasn't able to play tennis this morning, decided to drive up with us to keep Andrew and I company. Then, Uncle Foo would drive up later for the game and drive them both back to League City.

For the photos, Andrew was little hyper to say the least. He was actually first to be called for his team (alphabetical by first name). I felt bad because the photographer must have taken a good twenty shots of Andrew because the kid didn't want to cooperate!! I know lots of kids do that, but I don't like it when Andrew doesn't act appropriately and he wasn't doing so at the moment.

Once he was finally finished with his individual picture, we had to wait for the all the other kids to do theirs before the team photo. Andrew was behaving then and was trying to play with another little boy, Winston. They even sat and posed for a few shots for his mom and me. Then, it was time for the team photos and Andrew did pretty good for those sitting nicely and he even got to hold the ball with another kid, Isaiah.

After, we headed to the fields and practiced a little. Finally, it was time for the game. Andrew did better this time even getting a few touches on the ball. He definitely was understanding more about the game and would go after the ball more than the first game. But he was still a little tentative at times not running as fast or waiting for the other kids to run after the ball first. He's still learning quite a bit, which we are very happy about, but we are more so just thrilled that he seems to like it.

Unfortunately, my camera ran out of battery during the game. I can't believe I forgot to recharge it!! :( So, I don't have much to share sadly. But here's some of what I did get.















No comments: