Monday, March 21, 2011

Pregnancy Journal: First Trimester

Here's a small rundown of my pregnancy during the first trimester:

Five Weeks:

January 18, 2011

I took two at-home pregnancy tests this evening, both giving positive results. Officially, my due date is September 19, 2011 and I am 5 weeks and 3 days along. I am in total shock, but so very happy and excited!

January 20, 2011

I went to my OB/GYN to get confirmation of my pregnancy. Andrew figured it out probably from the discussions we had with the nurse.

After the appointment, Andrew began talking more about the "baby in belly" and even asked about seeing and holding the baby right now. We talk about how the baby needs to get bigger before the baby comes out.

And the cutest thing is that today after nap, he came up to me, kissed my stomach, and said "love you, baby" all on his own. Love it!

January 22, 2011

We have worked on him telling our family and some friends that he's "going to be a big brother". He will try to lay on top of me like always, but I have had to tell him that he may hurt the baby when he does that to get him used to the idea of when both the baby and I get bigger.

Six Weeks:

January 26, 2011

At this morning's appointment with Dr. Samuels, her nurse Tammy did an ultrasound to check on some things and everything looks fine so far.

So far the only symptoms I am experiencing is mild stomach pain stomach pain and a little queasiness at times too, but no official morning sickness thankfully!! But the thing that is affecting me the most is fatigue. But I know it happens a lot with the second pregnancy. Especially when you are chasing after a very active three year old!

Week 7

Nothing really to report. I am still very tired and don't have near as much energy. I wonder how I am going to make it through this pregnancy with this lessened amount of energy. :(

Thankfully, I am feeling a little less queasy and less stomach pain too!

Week 8

I am happy to say that this week, I have felt more energized, but not up to my standard level by any means. I am still experiencing some queasiness and stomach pain, but it's definitely bearable.

One night, I had a dream that it was a boy. When I was pregnant with Andrew, I had two dreams of boys. My first dream was the night right before the ultrasound appointment where we were going to find out the gender. In that dream, I was in the doctor's office and he was telling me that we were having a second boy. And in my second dream, I was picking out clothes for a boy. This morning's dream was again picking out clothes, but this time, I was looking for matching outfits. We'll see if I am right!

Week 9

This week has been more of the same. Still experiencing fatigue, stomach pains, and queasiness. I am still taking naps during the day to help me reenergize myself. And I am trying to be more cognizant of eating more often to fend of the queasiness. Unfortunately, the stomach pains come and go as they please, but they aren't too unbearable.

Week 10

This week, I had a doctor's appointment and got to hear the heartbeat via the Doppler machine. It still pulls my heartstrings when I hear the heartbeat!! And with my decreased appetite, apparently, I have lost two pounds. Thankfully, I have plenty to spare!!

Week 11

I have started feeling my stomach stretch already! I know most people will show sooner in their subsequent pregnancies, but I wasn't expecting it so soon.

As for other pregnancy symptoms, my energy level is gradually increasing, but I still take naps almost every day. Else who else if I would be able to function!

The queasiness is definitely subsiding. I have started to notice that I get more queasy when I tend to overexert myself. So, I am very conscientious about not pushing myself too hard or to slow it down if I start to feel it coming on, which is working very well so far.

Week 12

March 8, 2011

Today, we had our ultrasound with Dr. Kirshon. Everything looks good so far with the baby, which we are so grateful for. Andrew went with us and liked looking at the baby on the screen, but it was hard for him to make the baby out on the monitor. Dr. Kirshon was about 85% sure of the sex, but he didn't want to say 100%. He told us he was pretty sure, but he wouldn't be making it known to the world in case he was wrong. But we will get to find out for sure in six weeks.


No comments: