Sunday, March 20, 2011

Andrew's New Shirt


















This is Andrew's newest shirt!

Yes, it means Andrew is going to be a big brother. I am still in awe that we are expecting our second child!! I am officially due September 19, 2011!! We are so excited and are over the moon thrilled!!

I took two pregnancy tests on January 18th. For confirmation, we went to the doctors on the 20th. I could only get a Thursday appointment so we had to take Andrew with us. I had initially told him that I was going to see the doctors to see if I could have a baby. We didn't want to tell him so early on in case something happened. But I guess with all the talk between the nurse and myself, Andrew figured it out. Because afterwards, he asked me point blank, "Mommy have baby in belly?" And since I don't like lying to him, I told him "yes", but then explained to him that the baby was very small and it was still very early on.

We had our twelve-week ultrasound March 8th before we left for Vegas and everything looks great so far. Dr. Kirshon wasn't sure about the sex yet, but was leaning 85% one way, but we won't say until we know for sure, which will be at our next appointment with him when I am eighteen weeks. We weren't quite ready to go public with our news quite then either because we were awaiting the results from some tests just to make sure all was well with the baby. And then, there was Vegas (which is why I couldn't go sledding myself.) And when we got back, I enlisted my cousin to design this big brother shirt for Drew--by the way, he was very adamant about having a coal car, passenger car, and caboose!

So far, the pregnancy hasn't been too bad. I haven't had morning sickness, but have just been queasy quite a bit. And then, the most prominent symptom of pregnancy I have been experiencing is fatigue. I have been really, really tired a lot!! And it sucks being this tired with an active three year old. I feel so bad that there are times when I am too exhausted to give it my all with Andrew. But he's been very understanding allowing me to rest. And so far, he's been very excited with the news of having a baby around. I just hope it continues to be this way. I will describe more about the pregnancy thus far in another posting. I just wanted to share the big news!

No comments: