Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Three Boys!?

Don't get too excited...we aren't having twin boys. But today, I got a little taste of how it would if we were. Mrs. Andi had a doctor's appointment here in town this afternoon and her normal babysitter wasn't able to watch Gavin and Shane. She asked if I would mind watching the boys while she went. Of course, I didn't mind. I was excited at the thought. I need to practice, right?!When I told Andrew his little buddies were coming over, he was super excited as well.

Soon after they arrived, Mrs. Andi left for the doctor's office and it was just me with all three boys. I have to say I was a little nervous, but it was all for naught. The boys did so great and played together so wonderfully. We didn't have any crying, yelling, or fighting. We had to work out some sharing issues, but the boys cooperated without much hesitation. They really took it easy on me!! And Gavin is such a good big brother offering Shane toys all the time (I hope Andrew will be the same for his younger sibling).

Before we knew it, Andi returned back from her appointment to find all four of us happy and unscathed!! We asked the boys if they wanted to order pizza and eat it at the house or go out to eat at Mission Burrito. It was a unanimous choice by all to go to Mission Burrito where the fun continued. The boys ate great and after, played in the playscape. We couldn't have asked for a better afternoon!! And I am so happy that I made it through an hour or so of having three boys on my own without too much difficulty. I guess there may be hope for us after all! ;)







No comments: