Friday, November 19, 2010

Santa Claus

Andrew has been totally into Christmas this year so far. He loves looking at all the decorations (especially Christmas trees) and will say "Christmastime" when he sees them. And he is totally digging Santa too. He is excited that Santa will be coming to our house (if he's good) and has been talking about what Santa is going to bring him (again, if he's good). But what I hear most is that he wants to see Santa. Andrew knows that Santa lives in the North Pole and is very busy getting ready for Christmas, but Andrew also knows that Santa comes to visit the malls and other places beforehand. So, today when we were in League City, I told Andrew we could go see Santa at the mall. I know it's ridicuously early to go see Santa, but he so wanted to go. And he was so happy about it and couldn't wait. All I heard was "See Santa right now."

When we got to Santa's area, there was no line, which was nice. I unstrapped Andrew out of the stroller; and he walked right up to Santa and into his lap. I didn't hear what Santa and him talked about as I was snapping away with the camera. But when Andrew hopped off Santa's lap, I asked him if he had told Santa what he wanted for Christmas to which Andrew looked at Santa and said "GeoTrax choo choo train." This is also something I have heard quite a bit this holiday season already. Everytime he sees it in the Toys R Us Christmas book (which is an excellent marketing ploy by the company may I add) or at the store, he tells us that he wants Santa to bring it for him. Well, we will see if it sticks or if Andrew changes his mind about what he wants.

Anyhow, here are a few pictures from our first trip to see Santa this year (I am sure there are going to be more...at least a few more). And sadly, the last traces of his bruises around his eyes are still visible.























No comments: