Monday, November 15, 2010

Accident Report 11/12/2010 and 11/14/2010

Date of Accident #1: Friday, November 12, 2010

Time of Accident #1: Morning

Location of Accident #1: Ngoai's and Papa's House

Nature and Causation of Accident #1: Andrew brought in Papa's tennis ball hopper in fromt the garage to play with all the balls. We were about to go shopping when I told Andrew to start cleaning up the balls all over the floor. The next thing I heard was a thud. He came over to me, said "boo boo" in his whimpering voice, wanted a hug from me, and then walked off to go play.

Post Event Notes for Accident #1: He really didn't cry much so I didn't think he had hit the table too hard. It wasn't until a few minutes later we saw the bruising and swelling under his left eye. He let us ice it some, but kept saying it was "cold" and would want to take it off.

Date of Accident #2: Sunday, November 14, 2010

Time of Accident #2: In the evening around 730pm

Location of Accident #2: Our bedroom

Nature and Causation of Accident #2: Andrew was playing upstairs bringing pillows from our bed to his room. He wanted to lay a bunch of them on his floor. On the second or third trip, we heard a thud come from our room and then Andrew crying. We ran into the room and he was holding his left eye. He must have run into our footboard. I was so scared he hit his actual eye. But upon inspection, he got the outside of his eye socket pretty good. He cried a little while so we knew it hurt him. He finally calmed down and went back to playing.

Post Event Notes for Accident #2: I was supposed to meet the girls for dinner to celebrate Aunt Monica's birthday. We contemplated taking Andrew to the ER, but decided it wasn't warranted because Andrew said it didn't hurt too much a few minutes later. Upon further examination, Andrew started bruising and there was some skin that came off. Daddy told me to go ahead to dinner and he would call if anything changed.

I can't believe that Andrew has bruises on both eyes. I don't think he's ever had bruises close to his eyes and then one of each one within three days of each other. I was mortified to think what people must be thinking when they saw Andrew. Would they think that he was a normal little boy that got too crazy and bonked himself? Or heaven forbid, would they assume that we abuse him? At school on Monday, I immediately told Ms. Faroulo that Andrew had a rough weekend between the bruises and lack of sleep. She replied, "Well, he's two, isn't he?" So, she seemed to understand how boys are.

Exhibit A: Pictures--I didn't take any photos of his left eye on Friday. I really didn't think to take pictures until after the second accident since concidentally(ish), he had boo boos on both eyes. Hopefully, things will calm down a bit and we can be accident free...at least for a few hours! In the photos, there is still some semblance of the bruise under his right eye, but it's not as obvious as the red scratches on his left eye and where it has started to scab.

Speaking of accidents, I actually went to a podiatrist this morning for my foot. It had gotten much better and I was able to walk on it at times without any pain. But one day, Andrew stepped on it pretty good and it started to hurt again. So, since the pain had returned, I figured it was time to see a doctor. After examination and x-rays, the doctor said I had torn a ligament (the space between two of my foot bones was larger than normal). It probably was healing, but it may have be reaggravated when Andrew stepped on me. It should take around twelve weeks to heal (so eight left hypothetically speaking). He gave me a brace to wear whenever I am putting weight on my foot and said for me to wear my tennis shoes as much as possible. And finally, he said that if it is not better in two months to call his office to order an MRI, but hopefully, it won't come to that.



No comments: