Tuesday, October 12, 2010

School Update: Week #7

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

So, apparently, we have come a long way from the crying drop offs. This morning, as we were walking up to the school, Andrew spotted two of his classmates, Will and Ben. He immediately dashed off to be with them. He even tried to hug Ben, but Ben was already running off behind Will. So instead, Andrew hugged Ben's mom, Anna.

All three boys were walking way ahead of Anna and me as we chatted. They walked right into the classroom and it wasn't until then that Andrew realized (or cared) that I wasn't right behind him and that I had his stuff. He walked back to me and retrieved his snack and bags. Then, he walked right back into the room, put up his things, and waved and said "bye bye" to me. He didn't even bother to come back to give me a hug. And he was walking to Ms. Quiroz already that I didn't ask for one.

I am glad that he is making such strides in adapting to school. I know that he must be comfortable with school now to walk into the classroom without me or even say goodbye to me. I was sad that I felt unneeded, but I also feel very proud of him for handling himself so well and being more secure about school.


No comments: