Wednesday, October 6, 2010

School Update: Week #6

Monday, October 4, 2010

This morning, we didn't have any problems with drop off. Andrew walked into the classroom without crying. He quickly gave me a hug and kiss and told me "love you" and then walked off to go wash his hands with Ms. Quiroz.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Today at drop off, Andrew didn't cry, but was a little sad and said "no school" after we put up Andrew's things. But I just said it's okay and that I would pick him up later. He then walked over to wash his hands without any more complaint.

At motor class, the kids jumped with two feet on a grid and walked on the balance beam. They also walked around the gym following a yellow line.

They also learned about jack-o-lanterns and pumpkins. As for Andrew specifically, his daily note stated, "Andrew played in the block center building tall towers with other friends."














Wednesday, October 6, 2010

During drop off, Andrew was much better and wasn't sad at all. He put up his snack and bags and started to walk over to Ms. Quiroz for hand washing. I called him back to give him a hug, but immediately after, he walked off to the sink without saying goodbye to me. I was a little sad about the abrupt goodbye, but at least he wasn't crying.

The two year old classes had chapel for the first time today as well. When I asked Andrew about what they did in chapel in put his hands together and said "prayed." In class, Andrew decorated a pumpkin (made with construction paper) with green glitter. He also ate all of his chicken nuggets lunch from Green Plate. He said he liked it so that makes me feel better.

After school, Andrew asked to go to Sprinkles and that's precisely what we did. Again, he asked to eat it at home.

**Note: Since Andrew is doing really well at school and not crying anymore, I guess I don't need to do updates every week, but will post as needed.





No comments: