Sunday, July 11, 2010

Wicked

Tonight, Ngoai and Papa babysat Andrew so Mommy and Daddy could have a night out to watch Wicked. We had missed it the first time around when it came to Houston; and I didn't want to repeat the mistake! Originally, we had planned to go with Aunt Monica, Aunt Jeana, and one of her friends, but it was hard getting our schedules coordinated and to get five tickets together so late in the game. But it worked out okay. Aunt Monica was still able to go with us.

Andrew got a new toy in an effort to ease the sadness of Mommy and Daddy leaving him, but he didn't seem too phased by us leaving. And Ngoai and Papa said he was very easy tonight and was very good for them. This always makes me feel better. But they also said he didn't even ask for us after we left. This makes me a little sad, I have to admit. But I know the reason is that he loves them so much and has a good time with them.

Anyhow, the show was amazing!! I really loved the different perspective and twists from the movie that we grew up watching. And I am always in awe of the cast members and their talent. I get goose bumps when I am sitting there in the theatre listening to them belt out their tunes. And I have to admit that I did cry towards the end--I thought Monica would too, but she didn't. I am a sucker for crying at movies and shows. Daddy and Monica enjoyed it too. I was kind of worried that it might be too girly for Daddy, which it was. But he said he still liked it (but not as much as he likes Spamalot or Avenue Q. I am so glad that we got to watch it. And thanks to Ngoai and Papa for watching Andrew so we could go tonight!

No comments: