Saturday, July 10, 2010

Mommy's Day Out

Today, I had a Mommy's Day Out. First, I had been wanting to take an SLR photography class ever since we got our SLR back in October, but never was able to for scheduling conflicts and just having other things on my plate. And then, with Daddy studying, I just put it off until he took his test. Well after all these months of putting it off, I finally got to go yesterday. As for the class, my cousin Thuy and our friend Thy both took the class and highly recommended it. Say no more--I was sold. It was a six hour class (930am - 330pm) at Leisure Learning. The teacher, Kathy Adams Clark, was very good and very knowledgable. I learned a lot, but it makes me realize I still have lots more to learn too. But this as a definitely a good foundation to build upon.

Then, after class, I hightailed it to the Norris Spa for the massage that Daddy had gotten me for Christmas. Only six months later, but better late than never. I originally wanted to do it another day so I wouldn't be away from the boys for another hour, but Daddy told me to do it and they didn't have much availability. But it all worked out in the end. It was so very relaxing. I so love massages!!! I just love being pampered. Gosh, these masseuses really know how to work their magic. I have another certificate for another massage; I am looking forward to that already.

I have to say that as much as I loved being able to go to class and to the spa, I really missed Andrew and Daddy. I was disappointed that I wasn't able to go to the circus with them. It's strange for me. My heart is torn. First off, I totally love alone time and enjoy it..and need it. But there is always a little part of me that feels like I am missing out on Andrew's life during that time away from him. Then, it's strange for me to be away from him. It's been so long since I was away from Andrew for such a long period. Daddy was sweet to text me along with some pictures from their day together. That way I felt a little more connected to them. What I would like is to have these alone times, but have a camera on Andrew so I can see what's he doing.

James, thanks for letting me have my Mommy's Day Out. I really appreciate it. I love you, babe!

Here are two pictures that Daddy sent from his phone so I could get a glimpse of their day together.



No comments: