Friday, July 23, 2010

Beach Waves

Since Andrew and I were going down to visit Papa and Ngoai today, they asked Andrew if he wanted to go to the beach or Kemah. For whatever reasons, he chose the beach. At the beginning, it was pretty much the same thing...Andrew just playing the sand and not too interested in the water. But then after a little while, I took him down to get his hands and feet wet and just casually asked him if he wanted to go jump the waves with me holding him (totally thinking that he would say "no"). But, he totally caught me off guard when he said "yes." I couldn't believe that Andrew finally wanted to not only go into the water but also jump the waves with us. His willingness to go in water has progressed leaps and bounds, literally and figuratively. I just think it's hilarious how much he has overcome his fears with the struggle we have had this summer. That's the main reason for the post tonight. I want to remember how fickle kids can be.

We were having so much fun except when he swallowed too much water. We had to keep reminding him to keep his mouth close. Finally, he grew weary of the waves and said he wanted to go back to play in the sand some more. So, that's what we did until we left for home. I am so proud of my little man and his bravery.

Also, off topic, we had our appointment with our ENT this morning before we headed to League City. Dr. Raynor examined Andrew's tonsils and she didn't think they were enlarged enough to warrant removed. She said they were average sized. Also, she didn't know how much removing them would help Andrew's sleeping. She also looked at Andrew's nostrils and said she wasn't sure if the nasal sprays would help much either. So, I guess we will have to go back to Dr. Rotenberg and see if there is anything else we can do to help my sweet baby sleep better.

I didn't get any pictures of Andrew jumping the waves since all three of us were in with him, but I got a few of him and the grandparents.



No comments: