Sunday, April 19, 2009

Viruses Galore

Well, Mommy is full blown sick! I have a sore throat, am congested, and am totally achy! Andrew is doing okay...seems to be fairing much better than his mother. He has had fevers on and off all today, but for the most part, has been doing well considering. Daddy was so very sweet today. First, he took Andrew out this morning to get the antibiotics so that I could sleep in. Then, James made breakfast for us too. He also went with Andrew and I to Sports Authority so I could buy crocs for Andrew (wanted to use a coupon). And he also watched/played with Andrew so that I could rest throughout the day.

It sucks to be sick to begin with. But when you are sick with kids, it is so much worse. I just don't have the energy to do near enough. And then, I feel so guilty about not being able to play with Andrew. So, I am miserable all around. Before, I would just sleep and sleep in an effort to get well. But unfortunately, that strategy doesn't work too well with Andrew. But I have been taking more naps with him, which helps me, but also him too as he tends to sleep longer with someone next to him.

Another virus has attacked in the house being the one on my laptop. It's kaput. Argh! :( So, I am now on Daddy's laptop. Now, I have to back up all my files so that we can wipe it out. Fun times.

Anyhow, Andrew was funny with his new shoes. He didn't like them at first and was awkward walking in them. Here's a picture of him (looking and feeling better) and his new kicks.


2 comments:

Tse Family said...

He is just the most adorable little guy! I can totally relate to being sick. Scary right now with swine flu going around. Hope you are feeling better. I was a worthless lump on the couch on Monday and so frustrated that my kids wouldn't rest with me! I miss naps. Enjoy them while you can. I love your post about missing your little guy even for the evening. So refreshing to read when I feel like I am surrounded by people waiting for their next escape from children. It has really jaded me as a mom and I'm working hard to get back to being the kind of mom who delights in the moments. I have a lot of other thoughts on that, but for another time.
Miss you guys. Feel better.

Mitzi and Jerry said...

Hi Syd! Get well soon. It is no fun being sick. Tell James and Andrew we said Hello!