Friday, April 10, 2009

Papa and Ngoai and the Children's Museum

Today, Papa and Ngoai came up to visit us. I had originally planned to take them to a Gymboree class so they could see Andrew in action. Well, it turned out that last week was the last for this session. I didn't sign up for the new session because I didn't want to commit to 12 weeks. To me, this seems like a long time. I might join later in the session like I did this time. Anyhow, we decided to go to the Children's Museum since I could get everyone in for free. And even more of a special treat, Daddy went too since he was off for Good Friday!

It was a little crowded, but not too bad. Andrew played with his favorites again--this alligator toy you push like a lawn mower, the light bright and the spinning flower thing. He also enjoyed the popper toy outside again. We didn't stay too long just enough for Andrew to play a bit and enough for Papa and Ngoai to see how Andrew plays there.

I am so happy that Andrew has this time with my parents. He loves Papa so much it is ridiculous at times. I do sometimes feel bad for my mom because Andrew picks my dad over her more often than not. Typically, the only time Andrew favors Ngoai is when food or drink is involved. But Andrew adores them both (just prefers Papa); and they adore him. Andrew and Mommy are both so very spoiled by Papa and Ngoai. I can't express what and how much that means to me. I didn't get to know my two biological grandfathers, so I know how lucky Andrew is to have all four of his grandparents around. Papa will tell me sometimes that he hopes he is around when Andrew graduates high school. I always have to one-up him and tell him that I want him around when Andrew graduates college or gets married. Did I just say Andrew graduating college or getting married? Wow, that was kind of hard to swallow. Shiver at the thought!

Note: As you can see in one of the photos I am including, Andrew looks like he is about to grab at this little girl. She had her face painted like a cat and her nose was painted all black. I think he wanted to squeeze it!





























No comments: