Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Weekend

Andrew's second Easter brought lots of goodies, fun, and excitement. On Saturday, Mommy wanted to get out of the house so that Daddy could study for his upcoming CFA exam in early June. After the three of us took a morning nap, Andrew and I headed for the zoo. However, it was a madhouse. Something was going on and the parking lot was full and blocked off. Well, I called James and told him of the chaos. I was deliberating the Natural Science Museum or back to the Children's Museum. In regards to the Natural Science Museum, I think Andrew would have enjoyed the Butterfly Center, but I really wanted Daddy to be there as I suspect that Andrew will love it. So, it was back to the Children's Museum. I know, I know, we had just gone there the day before, but there are other things to do there. And I wasn't too off-base. We first headed for the pretend grocery store, but it was pretty packed. So, I proceeded back to TotSpot where it was surprisingly uncrowded. Who would have thunk it? I would have guessed that Saturday afternoon would be pretty crowded. But this time around, Andrew headed straight for the car and truck. He would turn the steering wheel back and forth so fast. Andrew also pressed the horn like crazy. Afterwards, we played in the playhouse where they had plastic kitchenware. Drew enjoyed stirring the pots and pans with the fork and knife. Then, I guess he didn't have his fill of the cars because he went back to them for a bit. Next, it was time for the old regulars (flower, light bright, and popper outside). By then, it was 3:15pm and time to head home for Andrew's nap before Nonna arrived.

Andrew and I took our second nap of the day (Daddy stayed awake this time). When we awoke, Nonna was here. It didn't take him long to warm up to her. He also has been saying something close to "Nonna" so we tried to reaffirm it and associate it with her. It was almost dinner time. So, we went to La Griglia, an Italian restaurant that I have been trying to show Daddy and Nonna. Andrew loved the cheese pizza bread that they offer complimentary. After dinner, we took Andrew his bath and put him to bed.

Easter morning, Andrew slept in while Daddy and Nonna went to 7:30am mass to avoid some of the crowd. They returned over an hour later; and Drew was still asleep. We made breakfast at the house, a skewed version of croque madame sandwiches. We then played with Andrew and then put him down for his morning nap. After he woke up, we played some more and opened his Easter basket. He was funny because he would get sidetracked and not want to continue with the other items. Then, we decided to eat a late lunch. I thought that Nonna and Daddy might like the Raven Grill so we headed there after calling to make sure they didn't have a ridiculous wait. Delicious!! And Andrew did so well again eating and sitting in the high chair. I guess he must like that place because he is two for two there.

We headed back home and spent the rest of the afternoon just playing with Andrew. He had a great time with Nonna! It was so sweet. I didn't take any pictures at the restaurants. Argh! But here are a few that I did take during the weekend.






No comments: