Thursday, April 9, 2009

Easter Egg Hunt

I have been contemplating Andrew's first Easter egg hunt for a while now. But my thoughts were that he wouldn't really be too good at it. I looked around for ones with designated age groups, but didn't find any feasible ones. Then, I thought about it and decided that I would just have our own at our house in the living room. Then, I thought to invite the Boltons in hopes that Emily would be able to join in the hunt too since she's so close in age to Andrew.

We were all free tonight so the Boltons came over at 6pm. Andrew was watching as Aimee and I "hid" the eggs. They were mostly in plain sight all over the living room floor and couches. He wanted to play with them so we let him have one to placate his curiosity. He quickly discovered that when you broke the egg, it had goodies inside of it. After that, he wanted to get them all and open them. Andrew laughed when he dropped the eggs and they came apart. After Emily woke up from her nap, her and Donnie came over; and the hunt really began. Emily was not quite awake and was timid at first. But she quickly warmed up to the idea. She had done a hunt before so she knew what was going on. Emily started putting eggs in her basket. Andrew put a few eggs in his basket, but would want to open them immediately after. The kids were both sweet and would put eggs in the other one's baskets. Afterwards, the kids played with the toys. They were again sweet to each other by taking turns pushing the other on Andrew's Winne the Pooh car.

For dinner, I wanted to do something festive and Easter-ish. I really would have loved to cook some lamb, but didn't have the time. Instead, I opted for a fully cooked ham that I just threw in the oven. For sides, I made green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese, and biscuits. All could be prepared throughout the day whenever I could and easy to make. Emily and Andrew ate very well. They both liked the ham and macaroni and cheese the most probably (I had specifically made the mac and cheese more for them).

After dinner, we inflated the bouncer upstairs. Emily was too cute in there laughing and bouncing. Andrew is getting more used to it and starting to play more. It was soon time for the our guests to head home as it was nearing Emily's (and Andrew's) bed time.

We had a great time tonight. I loved watching Andrew's first Easter egg hunt. All in all, he did decent--well enough, but I know he will definitely be better next year!

I have to edit the video to make it short enough to upload. Once I have done that, I will post later.

















































No comments: