Friday, April 17, 2009

Happy 5th Anniversary!

Today marks the fifth anniversary of our marriage. Wow, it sounds even weirder when I type it! I can't believe that five years have passed since that amazing day in Tahoe. For real, where does the time go? I am so grateful that James and I are still very much in love and that our love has continued to grow and strengthen over the years. And now with our son here, our life together and marriage means so much more to us. I won't pretend for a second that we have a perfect marriage, but I am proud that we have such a strong and loving one that we work and strive to make better.

Today, I reflect back upon the path we have travelled from being acquaintenances to much much more. It's been quite a ride. A while back, James and I were talking about first impressions. We, of course, talked about the night we met at Dobie, the dorm that my friend, Monica, and his friends, Jason and Brad, were living at. James's first impression of me what that I talked too much (understandably so). But my first impression of James was that he was too quiet. But whatever we thought of each other, we ended up becoming really good friends being able to talk and laugh for hours on end. Then, we started dating and ended up becoming best friends and spouses. I know many of you know the story of how we got together, but the moral of the story that I wanted to convey tonight is that first impressions aren't necessary what they seem.

We are actually celebrating tomorrow night as we are going to dinner and then to the Houston Symphony. Papa and Ngoai are generously babysitting Andrew.

Happy 5th Anniversary, my dear sweet husband and best friend! Thank you for your love, kindness, and support. You and Andrew mean everything to me. I love you so much!

Tonight, I share a couple of our wedding pictures taken five years ago. I figure I can show some each anniversary.

































No comments: