Wednesday, April 22, 2009

TLC in LC

With me feeling as bad as I was, I wasn't sure if I wanted to drive down to League City to see my folks. I definitely didn't want to get them sick either. But then, James and I talked about my taking Andrew to League City and spending the night so that my parents could help out with Andrew since James would be at work during the day and I didn't have the energy to tend to Andrew and play with him like normal. Ngoai and Papa agreed that it was a good idea and were graciously willing to help. So, we headed down to LC Monday morning. Andrew was happy to see Papa as always. We just hung out the whole day and got some rest. Of course, Andrew wanted to play and go outside in the garden, which we obliged him.

Tuesday morning, while Andrew seemed better, Mommy was worse. After a morning nap, I felt tons better. In the afternoon, Mommy even managed to run errands (Babies R Us and Target). Papa made a delicious chicken soup that Andrew and I ate happily. Since I wasn't totally 100% yet and Daddy had class that night, James asked if I wanted to stay another night. I wasn't sure what I wanted. Part of me thought it was a good idea to stay in League City, but another part of me wanted to go home and be with Daddy. Then, later on a separate occasion, Ngoai and Papa suggested the same thing! Well, since everyone thought it would be good to remain in LC, we decided to stay one more night. Andrew and I were feeling good enough that we played tennis at the park in Uncle Hung's and Aunt Hong's subdivision nearby. I feel that it's sometimes good to sweat when you are sick. Andrew enjoyed the time outside looking at dogs and playing on the playground. He did watch us play for a bit, but that didn't hold his attention too long. Though he laughed when we would hit the ball.

Today, Andrew seemed to be almost back to normal. He hasn't had a fever for two days now thankfully. He has been in really good spirits and is pretty happy like the little boy we all know and love. I felt a little worse this morning, but am feeling okay for the most part. We wanted to get Andrew out of the house for a bit so we went to Borders. Then, we had dinner and played outside in Ngoai's garden again. Boy, this kid loves the garden and/or being outside. Andrew has learned to feed the fish in the koi pond. He just loves to walk around and around. He also loves to "sweep" and play with all the brooms and garden tools that we let him play with. He is such a nut!

This evening, we headed back home. Andrew didn't want Daddy at first, but quickly changed his tune. It was "dada" this and "dada" that all night long. We both missed Daddy dearly and were glad to be home with him.

Thank you again, Ngoai and Papa, for all your help and everything!! Thanks especially for watching and playing with Andrew so I can rest.
























































No comments: