Monday, April 18, 2011

Finally!

After lunch with Daddy, I took Andrew home to put him down for a nap. Drew said he wanted to sleep downstairs; and I obliged since he had slept so well down there yesterday (taking a three hour nap after we got home from the zoo).

About forty minutes later, Andrew still wasn't asleep. Then, I heard him say something, but didn't quite make it out what it was. He told me he said something about "poo poo". I still didn't hear all of what he had said, but normally this means he has already gone in his diaper and needed to be changed. But when I asked him if he already went in his diaper, he replied, "no" and said "in potty". I wasn't sure if he was saying what I thought he was saying and in curiosity, asked for some affirmation. He said he wanted to go in the potty, so I took off his diaper; and he sat on the toilet. I wasn't sure if this was a ploy to stall taking a nap, but not five minutes later, he said he was "all done". Shame on me, but I assumed he hadn't done anything and had given up trying. But sure enough, he said he had pooped already and when I checked, he sure had!! I was so proud; and he seemed to be proud of himself too.

He quickly reminded me that he had earned his prize that we had been telling him he could have once he had gone poo poo in the potty. After giving him some choices, he told me he wanted Dash, a newer train from Thomas. And right when he woke up from his nap, his first words were "I want my prize." So, I ran upstairs and got it for him; and we rushed off to pick up the twins from UH so I could take some pictures of them.

Here's a few pictures of my big boy playing on the playground with Daddy, who was sweet to meet us at the park later in the afternoon so he could watch Andrew while I took pictures of the twins.



No comments: