Saturday, April 16, 2011

Anniversary Dinner

Last night, Daddy and I celebrated our seventh wedding anniversary. Ngoai and Papa were kind enough to keep Andrew overnight for us; and it made more sense to do it tonight versus tomorrow night.

We decided to go back to Mockingbird Bistro since our previous experience there was so wonderful (and it didn't hurt that we had a gift certificate). Additionally, we also didn't have other place that we had to try.

Dinner was amazing again!! The chef sends out a little complimentary tidbit of food, which happened to be seared tuna. I could have had it, but decided to forego just in case. The waiter overheard James and I talking about it and offered his apologies immediately. He offered to get me something else, but I told him not to worry about it. But five minutes later, he came out with another dish from the chef. It was really sweet, but I did feel bad.

We started with a delicious Caesar salad. Sadly, I didn't have the duck as it wasn't on the menu (they change the menu each season). But I ordered a pork chop while Daddy ordered Chilean Seabass (still eating no meat for Lent). Both were ever so delicious. And for dessert, we had this apple pastry thing with nutella. So yummy! And they even decorated with "Happy Anniversary" for us.

It was a great date night with a great date!! And thanks for my super sweet parents to take care of the little guy so we can enjoy some alone time together since they will probably be fewer and farther between when Baby #2 is here! My folks said Andrew was very good for them and didn't really miss his parents all too much. He says he is ready for us to have another date so he can stay at Ngoai's house!

No comments: