Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Play Doh

Okay, I have to admit that I have been depriving my child pretty much his whole life. And I am not going to win the "Mother of the Year" award for sure!! For whatever reason, however crazy it might sound, I do not like Play Doh. First, I don't like the smell. Second, I don't like the texture. And this has been ever since I can remember. Poor Andrew, I hadn't ever bought him Play Doh purely because of my dislike for it. He got some from goodie bags from parties and got some as rewards from speech therapy, but he really didn't get to play with it much even then.

And imagine the guilt I felt when I would hear or read how Play Doh is good for motor development and hand coordination. So, I finally relented and told Daddy that we should buy him some. Months later, I still hadn't bought him any...until today. I found some on sale and Andrew totally wanted to dig into it. But I told him he couldn't until after he ate a good dinner, which he did.

I couldn't put off the inevitable and let him have at it. And he loved it and had such a good time. Andrew got a kick just rolling it and smushing it up. And of course, there were the molds! Andrew totally had a blast pressing the Play Doh out. So cute!

So, almost three years later, the little man really got a feel for Play Doh and it was a hit. I guess I couldn't postpone the inevitable anymore and to be honest, it wasn't so painful for me. It was worth it just to make Andrew happy.







No comments: