Saturday, April 24, 2010

Brennan's Tee Ball Practice

This morning, we went to Brennan's first tee ball practice...ever!! Beforehand, I had asked him if I could come and watch his practice. Brennan enthusiatically said "yes" and that everyone was invited. He then proceeded to tell me that he wanted everyone to come. For him to have said that, I think he really want all of us to go watch him. I wonder if he has seen us go watch the girls at their countless ballet recitals, gymnastic meets, and whatever else; and now, he finally had a moment in the spotlight--well, within the realm of organized sports, that is. But he was so excited about it that it was contagious! So, all of us obliged his request.

Anyhow, Brennan did fantastic!!! He was really good in the throwing drills (Uncle Rick has been putting in the hours!) And Brennan sat and listened to the coach very well. My favorite part was when they were sitting in a line, I saw Brennan just start talking to a couple of the boys sitting next to him like he knew them when clearly he didn't.

While B was in practice, we took turns with Andrew at a nearby playscape. Cara and Emma joined us for most of it. They are so sweet with Andrew. But I did tell them they had to watch some of their younger brother's practice since that poor kid has had to watch so many of theirs! They quickly and sweetly acquiescenced.

After practice, Brennan said he had fun and liked it. He had the biggest grin and gave us a big thumbs up. I think he is going to have so much fun this season!










































No comments: