Friday, April 16, 2010

6th Anniversary Dinner

Tonight, Ngoai and Papa babysat Andrew so that Daddy and I could celebrate our sixth anniversary. We didn't do it tomorrow night (the night of our actual anniversary) because it was easier for Ngoai and Papa to watch Andrew tonight since Ngoai has to work tomorrow and they would have to drive up after she got off. And it was also easier for us too since we also have a birthday party tomorrow afternoon.

We went to a restaurant called Mockingbird Bistro that we had heard and read good things about. It did not disappoint!! Not only was it a beautiful little restaurant with excellent food, but another positive as that it is near our house just in case we had to make a quick dash home!

We had such an awesome meal. First, we started out with some beef carpaccio. Then, Daddy ordered a delicious steak while Mommy had probably the best duck I have ever had! And finally, for dessert, we had a chocolate torte that was heavenly. It was weird eating just the two of us without having to worry about Andrew, but it was nice just getting to spend some alone time together.

Upon more than one occasion, our conversation would fall onto Andrew, but we did managed to talk about non-parental other things as well. It's a little scary how we tend to end up talking about Andrew and how it seems to monopolize our conversation. I mean there were times we had to consciously change the topic from Andrew. But I think a part of me kept talking about him because I missed him. But James and I wanted to feel like two normal adults and not just Andrew's parents. So, it was nice to have at least a little bit of adult conversation unrelated to Andrew.

Anyhow, Andrew behaved very well for his babysitters! Ngoai and Papa said he was no problem at all, much to our relief. Even though I know he is in good hands and I know how much he adores my folks, there is always a little part of me that can't help to worry that there will be a time where he is unhappy and/or not behaving. But thankfully, this was not that time! And as much as I hate leaving Andrew, I totally love how happy he is to see us when we come back. He gave us the biggest smile and biggest hugs. Oh, how I love it!

Thanks, Ngoai and Papa!! We can't thank you enough! And thanks, Andrew, for being good for Ngoai and Papa so that Mommy and Daddy could go out on a date!

No comments: