Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Ohio Day 5

The girls had their golf camp again this morning. Andrew and I slept in, which was nice. Andrew and Brennan played trucks and trains and also watched one of the Thomas the Train DVDs I had gotten B. After the girls got home, we all got ready to go their neighborhood pool. Seeing how Andrew had not really been liking the pool the last two times we tried, I didn't know what to expect, but expected the worse anyways. Well, when I put him in the pool with me, he started to whine a bit. But I just sat on one of the steps and let him get used to the water and the surroundings. We then spotted a real duck in the pool; and he seemed to be enthused about that. But I think he finally started to get used to it and not mind it as much because he saw the other kids in the pool especially Brennan who stayed close to Ngoai and me. Brennan was showing us his swimming and how he could dunk his head in the water. And each time he dunked his head, he would come up smiling. I think that probably showed Andrew that the pool is fun. So, he got better about it. I even managed to pour some water on his head without too much fuss. Then, it was time to get gutsy...time to dunk Andrew's head in the water. But unfortunately, I messed up and didn't do it right. Only half of Andrew's head went underwater and his mouth was open. My poor baby--it was all Mommy's fault. He wasn't too happy after that. After he calmed down in the pool, I took him out and fed him lunch. After lunch, he was getting tired so Rick took us and Ngoai home. Drew was asleep less than two minutes after I put him on the bed!!!

Then, Ngoai and I did some packing and got ready to go home. The kids and Anh Thu came home shortly thereafter. We hung out and played some cards. Then, it was time to head to the airport. It was so hard saying goodbye. It just breaks my heart. But I know that I will get to see them soon in Vegas. Andrew fell asleep literally as we were exiting for the airport. He got a little catnap in and woke up when we got to the airport and got out of the car. Funny incident happened during security. TSA asked to inspect Andrew's milk and juice that I had packed in sippy cups. The gentleman asked that I remove the lids and then started to wave this piece of paper over them. When Andrew saw the man take his cup, he got a little fussy and tried to grab the cup back. It was so funny that Andrew was so possessive over his cup--that he knew this guy was a stranger and took something that belonged to him. If only I could have recorded it! Anyway, we made it to our gate with no trouble. However, we found out that our plane was fifteen minutes delayed coming in from Cleveland. But it worked out for us because Andrew had a blowout in his diaper and we had to change him in the restroom. Fun times!!

Anyhow, we boarded finally and made our way to our seats. Andrew proceeded with his usual M.O. of checking out the window and the plane. We fed him a few snacks in an effort to try to pop his ears during takeoff. He was a little calmer than the previous flight. I am thinking it was because he was more tired. The flight attendant served us our snacks...one of those trays with meat, cheese, and crackers. Well, Andrew wanted to play with it so I emptied out my tray and let him have the plastic knife. He immediately started to stir and stir and stir to his heart's content. Next flight, Mommy may have to bring something for him to stir!! It kept him so preoccupied for a good while. Next, we let him watch a Thomas DVD; and he started to really get tired. He fell asleep rather easily and was out for at least an hour and a half. Ngoai watched a little of Quantum of Solace; and Mommy got some shut eye herself. Andrew slept the rest of the flight and until after we landed. He was such a good boy on the flight. I was so proud!!

Daddy picked us up at the airport; and Andrew was so happy to see him. He was in such a good mood on the car ride home. I guess it was a mixture of a good nap and seeing Daddy again!!! After we got home, we fed and bathed him and both put him down for night night. Andrew was good about going into the crib and laying down even after not sleeping in it for five nights.

All in all, Andrew did pretty good on the trip. He fussed a bit, but some of it was understandable since we were so busy and so on-the-go all the time. His nap schedule wasn’t consistent; and he probably didn’t get enough sleep during the day. Andrew got into a few things he shouldn't have, but didn't break anything, which was good!!

Andrew immediately took a liking to everyone letting them hold him especially the girls. He was good about kissing them too particularly Brennan. Andrew really loved playing with the girls and Brennan, especially playing trucks with B. No surprise there. I am so happy that Andrew loves the Armstrongs as much as they seem to love them. I can't wait to see them in Vegas. It can't come too soon. I am missing them already!! Thanks again for a wonderful trip and for everything. And thanks to Ngoai for all her help with Andrew too!

**Note: Unfortunately, not a lot of pictures today. :(

No comments: