Thursday, June 11, 2009

For Cara (and Emma and Brennan too)

During our trip, each kid took turns sleeping with Andrew and me even though they were forewarned (several times over) that Andrew may cry a few times during the night. They didn't seem to mind or care--they still wanted to sleep with us. So sweet!! Well, one of the nights that we had Cara, the two of us spent some time talking. I can't believe she's ten years old already. She is growing up so fast and getting to know so much. We had a pretty decent conversation about real things and not things like favorite color or TV show. We talked about how much she missed us and how email and instant messaging are sufficient, but not the same as being there. I told her that we would need to get the webcams back up so we can see each other online.

Later on in the conversation, she told me how cute Andrew was. I told her that she is a beautiful young lady and that she was an adorable and very precocious baby. I told her of a funny webcam message of her to Rick when he was either TDY (temporary duty) or deployed. She didn't remember ever seeing it so I wanted to post it today. I just love the sad look on her face when she realizes that she is being "fussy". This is for you, Cara. Love you bunches!

Since I posted a video of Cara, of course I have to be fair and post videos of Emma and Brennan too. In Emma's video, I am so proud that she scored a goal, but I totally love what she does afterwards. As for Brennan's clip, I love how he slides into "base". He does it a few times, but I had to trim the clip as it was too large to upload.

I love you three so much and see you soon!





No comments: