Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day

Today, we celebrate all the fathers in our lives; and Mommy is lucky to have some wonderful ones in her life. I was a little sad today with today being the first day that Papa left. But he called me during his layover in Miami; and it was nice to be able to talk to him today even for a little bit.

Andrew woke up at 7:15am this morning; and I was still tired. So even though it was Father’s Day and I should have let Daddy sleep in on “his” day, James was willing to take care of Andrew and let me sleep in. Daddy took Andrew for a morning walk to the grocery store. They came back with Canadian bacon, Swiss cheese, and croissants. The least I could do was to make the breakfast croissants. Andrew also really seemed to like the croissants.

After breakfast, we hung out around the house. Andrew and Daddy took a morning nap while I cleaned up the house a bit. After lunch, we decided to take Andrew out for a bit. We headed down to the Museum of Natural Science and took Andrew to the Cockrell Butterfly Center. We weren’t sure how Andrew would like it, but he loved it! He was intrigued by all the butterflies flying about—he even signed for "more"! Andrew also enjoyed the iguana and tree frog they had in there as well. He also liked the waterfall, which is so different than a few months ago where he didn’t like falling water or fountains very much at all. This time, he kept say “wa wa” for water. I think he would have put his hand in the water had we let him.

After playing a little while in a small area for young kids, we decided to head home. Uncle Anh Tuan was on his way up from League City. Anyhow, I don’t know if Andrew didn’t want to leave the museume or didn’t want to go home or was just too tired, but he gave a good tantrum while trying to get him buckled in his car seat. But it must have been at least partly due to fatigue as Andrew fell asleep as we pulled into the house. He slept in the crib for about 45 minutes and then woke up. However, he fell back asleep in my arms and stayed asleep for another hour and 45 minutes. Since it was getting late and we needed something rather quick, Daddy chose a nearby sushi restaurant. I feel bad that Daddy didn’t get a fancier meal, but we will have to owe him one I guess.

We went home and gave Andrew a bath. He played with Uncle and Daddy and then ate some ice cream. He finally went to sleep at 10:30pm. That’s one bad thing about a late two hour nap. But oh well.

James, thank you for being so amazing! Our little boy is so lucky to have you as his daddy (and I am so lucky to have you as my husband to share this experience with). It still touches my heart seeing you two together. Happy Father’s Day, Da Da!! And Happy Father's Day to all the other Dads out there, especially Granddad, Papa, the uncles, and all the other dads in our lives. We love you all so much!














No comments: