Saturday, August 18, 2012

2012 Longhorn Football Kickoff Party

Originally, the plan for this weekend was to go to Corpus Christi for a little getaway before school starts back up for Andrew. But sadly, he been a little under the weather for the past couple of days, so we postponed the trip.

His health had improved today so James and I talked about getting Andrew out of the house for a little bit, but nothing too strenuous. I had seen an ad for the Longhorn Football Kickoff Party at the Co-op, but didn't think much about it since I thought we wouldn't be in town for it. But since we were in town after all, I asked James if we could go and off we went.

The party was from 1130am-1pm and we arrived at the Co-op around noon. All the lines were incredibly long. And the line for Bevo was outside in the heat so we weren't going to stand in line for that long with Andrew. We decided to blow it off and go grab some lunch at Chaamps nearby.

We finished lunch around 12:50pm and I asked James if he wanted to take Andrew back to the Co-op to see if the lines had died down. He said he would stay and pay the bill while I take Andrew. When we came up to the festivities, the crowds had dissipated quite a bit. A few people were randomly standing in front of Bevo taking photos. I told Andrew to do the same. Shortly thereafter, an employee asked people to move back because they wanted some shots of the Men's Golf coach with Bevo and the National Championship trophy.

After photos with Bevo, Andrew and I walked inside. I wanted to see if Selvin Young was still signing autographs. He wasn't seated at his table, but Calvin Murray (a former UT baseball player was) so I quickly got his autograph. Then, Andrew and I walked back outside and sure enough I bumped into Selvin Young. I asked him if he would mind taking a photo with Andrew and he kindly said yes. He also generously agreed to sign an autograph for Andrew too. And right as we were finishing up, Daddy joined us and got to see Selvin for a little bit too.

It was then time to head back home. I was glad we got to go and got everything I wanted. I know Andrew doesn't care about Calvin Murray or Selvin Young now, but maybe when he grows up.







No comments: