Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Andrew's Birthday Celebration at SLDS

This morning, we celebrated Andrew's birthday at St. Luke's. Andrew and I had talked about what was going to happen today; and to say he was excited would be an understatement. I think it helped that Andrew had seen kids all year having their own birthday celebrations at school.

First, I dropped Andrew at his class and waited for him and his class at Chapel like I have many other Wednesdays before. Andrew started off Chapel sitting in the front with his class. But later, he told his teacher that he wanted to sit with me so they let him walk back to the room. We sang the songs and read the passage for the month. And finally, it was time for birthdays!! A few names were called before Andrew's was. He marched right down the aisle and stood where he was told. He was sooo cute. I couldn't believe my little boy was standing up there like a pro. After the passing out of birthday stickers and doing the birthday blessing, we sang "Happy Birthday". Then, Andrew came back to the bench with me.

After Chapel, we walked back to his room with his class. I normally would leave him with his class, but today, I headed back to his class for birthday snacks. The kids sat at the table after washing hands. After Andrew received his birthday hat, we sang to him again. And then, instead of their usual snacks, it was time for birthday cookies. I had taken Andrew to Krogers yesterday where he picked out green sugar cookies with sprinkles. No surprise there!! Andrew and his friends ate their cookies and had some water. The kids were so cute eating their cookies and drinking water.

After a little while, it was time for me to go home and leave the birthday boy with his teachers and friends. It was such a great morning for our birthday boy!!
















No comments: