Wednesday, October 14, 2009

U2

Tonight, Daddy and Mommy had a date--and not just any date...one with Bono and the rest of U2. Initially, we were supposed to go with Uncle Brad and Uncle Chris, but due to work conflicts, neither of them were able to go (again, boo for work!). So, it was just Daddy and Mommy tonight.

Ngoai came over this afternoon so she could babysit Andrew tonight. We did some shopping and picked up Pei Wei for dinner. You could tell that Andrew knew something was going on when James and I got dressed. But we distracted him with a new toy--the Knapford bridge for his Thomas train set. When we told it was time to go, he cried for me and wanted me to hold him. Talk about breaking my heart! But then, I tried to distract him and asked if he wanted to watch a show to which he said "yeah." He sat down and watched the show nicely with Ngoai when James and I left.

We had a great time at the concert. Uncle Brad had managed to get general admission tickets putting us right on the floor. We arrived late so we hung out towards the back not wanting to fight the crowds. Daddy could see ok, but Mommy is a little short and was at a disadvantage. But if I tip-toed, I could see better. But I wasn't complaining...U2 rocked and put on an amazing show! I always tell everyone their concerts are unbelieveable. They always have an awesome stage setup and know how to put on an awesome show! It was no different tonight. And to top it off, we were at Reliant Arena and the roof was open giving us access to a beautiful night. Couldn't ask for much more...just our friends who we missed dearly tonight. It wasn't the same without you guys! :(

But what made my night even better...Andrew was great for Ngoai. She said he didn't cry at all after we left and that he only asked for me three times and Daddy two times. Ngoai said he was easy at bedtime too! I am so happy and even more relieved! I thought he would be okay for her like he always is, but was worried about her putting him down for night night. I am so glad my fears were put to rest!

Here are some pictures from tonight and a video clip of the first part of the song Breathe especially for Uncle Brad.





No comments: