Saturday, July 11, 2009

Our Terra Cotta Toddler

Today, we had a great time with Granddad. After breakfast, we headed to H Mart, a Korean supermarket here in Houston. We love this place because they have Korean barbeque--not to mention, it's clean and not smelly like some other Asian markets. We picked up beef and pork bulgogi and kalbi as well as some kim chi for dinner tonight. Then, we picked up some lunch from El Rey and headed home to eat.

Andrew went down for a 2 hour nap putting us a tad bit behind because we wanted to go to the Natural Science Museum to see the Terra Cotta Warriors exhibit. Go figure that when we have somewhere to go, Andrew takes a good long nap. Oh well, it didn't put us too too late. We got to the museum around 3:30pm to come to find out that they were closing on 5pm. But we ended up having plenty of time to see the exhibit. Unfortunately, Mommy had to do the quick tour because Andrew wasn't too into it as much as Daddy and I tried to engage him. He only wanted to see the ducks that James had shown him while we were waiting to enter the exhibit. So, I rushed through the exhibit and took Andrew back to see the animals. He was really into the ducks that he kept going back to them. I found a few more spots where they had ducks too. Andrew also looked at the lions, monkeys, and fish. Daddy and Granddad finished up the exhibit; and we headed home to make dinner.

We had invited Ngoai over for dinner; and she was already at the house when we got home. While Daddy and Granddad grilled the meat, Ngoai and I talked to Papa on Skype. Andrew likes it a little bit, but I am not sure he gets it fully. We have now talked to Uncle Anh Tuan and Papa on it and each time, he will look at the video and talk and blow kisses, but it doesn't hold his interest too long. After Andrew wandered back onto the balcony to watch Daddy and Granddad, he saw Emily playing downstairs so I took him down there while Ngoai finished talking to Papa. Then, it was time for dinner; Andrew ate pretty well. Then, it was bath time and another Skype conversation with Papa.

Later, I put Andrew to bed; and Daddy took Granddad out for drinks at a nearby pub. I have laundry to do, but I decided that I would catch up on blogging instead!

Here are some pictures from the museum. There would have been more, but they don't let you take photos inside the exhibit. The last one is from the HMNS website where you can make your own warrier. I thought I would give it a try--I think it's pretty funny.  




















No comments: