Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Accident Report 07/21/09

Date of Accident: Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Time of Accident: Around noon

Location: Living Room

Nature and Causation of Accident: Andrew was playing with his trains on our living room rug and started bringing his other trains from the coffee table to the floor. During one of the trips, I think he must have tripped or something caused him to fall and hit our coffee table. I  just heard a loud thud and looked over to where it was coming from. Andrew was on the floor and hidden from my view.   

Post Event Notes: We do have a quilt to serve as padding on the table, but I think he might have hit the lower level opening where we put his books and puzzles. Anyhow, Uncle Anh Tuan was closer to him and grabbed Andrew, who was already crying. I went over and held him for a little while. He then asked for nursing to which he stopped crying.  The boo boo had a clear red line marking the edge of the table. It started swelling immediately so we tried putting some ice on it (Andrew didn't like it at first, but let me touch his head with the ice here and there). After his nap, the swelling was considerably down, but the red line is still clearly visible. My poor baby! I know Andrew will have lots of boo boos--he already has had quite a bit, but it's always hard seeing your child injured and in pain. Andrew is a pretty resilient kid. He really didn't cry too much and was smiling afterwards...even posing for me for the pictures. Such a tough little boy!

Exhibit A: Pictures--the first two were taken right after the incident and the other two taken after his nap.  Mommy included the last one not so much because it showed his injury, but because she liked him sitting criss cross applesauce.




No comments: