Saturday, July 9, 2011

YMCA Summer Soccer Week 4: New England v. Philly

We didn't have a game last week for the July 4th weekend. As such, Andrew was ready to play this weekend. And he did great--even scoring two goals. Well, the second was literally stopped by a dad who was in the goal supposedly helping his daughter play goalie. I am not joking...check out the video. I really don't mind parents helping their kids to play, but I thought it a little odd that the father was the one to make the save with his hands nonetheless. I even did a double take and had to ask James if I saw what I thought I saw!?

But Andrew did great job playing and loved handing out the snacks and drinks to his teammates. And,I guess we are quickly making the rounds at the Weekley YMCA because our coach this season, Coach Maria, is our instructor in our swim classes.




No comments: