Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Amniocentesis

This evening, we had the amniocentesis. Dr. Kirshon removed over two liters of fluid from my stomach. At first, I didn't feel any difference, but then several minutes into the procedure, I felt this huge relief of pressure off my belly. Dr. Kirshon said he removed over half of the fluid in my belly...and I still have plenty to spare. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the two jugs of fluid! And I couldn't believe my eyes seeing such a difference in the size of my belly!!

Before the procedure, we spent most of the day watching TV and just waiting. James went home to get some things and most importantly, to be with Andrew. Then, he brought Andrew and my mom to the hospital to see me. I loved seeing him. He does make my day so much brighter even with everything going on. Monica also came by to see us; and she was really sweet to bring us some snacks and fruit.

And Doris is coming in town tonight to help with Andrew to relieve my mom and so that she can go to work tomorrow. We have been so so lucky to have the support of both grandmothers during this time. We are so stressed and so worried right now; and it's helps so much that we don't have the additional stress of worrying about Andrew. We know he's in good hands.

My contractions have been much better today. They have progressively gotten less intense and less frequent. So, Dr. Kirshon is happy about that; and if all goes well the rest of the night, I will be released tomorrow morning so we can go to Texas Children's Hospital where we have an MRI and echo scheduled.

I was so preoccupied and excited to see Andrew that I didn't snap a picture of him and didn't ask my mom to take one of him, so again, I am without. So, I'll just have to post another picture from last weekend of Andrew in League City when he was playing soccer with Dad and Papa.



No comments: