Friday, May 14, 2010

Career Choices

Today in League City, we got to see some of Andrew's potential career choices in action...gardener or train conductor.

Drew loves being in Ngoai's garden. He loves to water the plants...though I should clarify, truth be told, he loves it more to water the rocks and pavers. We have to redirect him to water the actual plants! He will also pick weeds with Ngoai and Papa, which also means he pulls grass and flowers because he just arbitrarily grabs whatever. Everytime we go down to League City, Andrew wants to go in the backyard. He also loves sidewalk chalk now and spends a great deal of time drawing on the patio floor--usually trains and buses.

And of course, throughout the day, Andrew will venture upstairs where we have set up the track. Before it was just a small circle downstairs in the foyer. But since he likes to ride the train now with the battery, we made it bigger; and it made more sense to have it upstairs where there is plenty more room.

We do talk occasionally about what we think Andrew might be when he grows up. I know it's a long way off, but we just ponder it like we ponder so many other things about Andrew. Sometimes, I wonder if his love of trains might really lead him to go that route. Though I am not sure what kind of future the train industry has...if it has one at all. Sometimes, we think he might be an engineer instead since he also likes to build and put things together. And of course, he might be a chef with his love of cooking. We joke that he might be a trash collector with his love of garbage trucks! We say that he and Brennan can go into business together because once Brennan said he wanted to be a garbage man himself because they drive the big trucks! I think a small part of Daddy wishes he will be a professional soccer player, which I can definitely get on board with too! Ha ha! Could he be a lawyer like me? Ha! I don't know how I would feel about that! ;) And I have to admit there is a little part of me that wonders if he would be a doctor since I wanted to be one way back when. Don't all parents think that for at least one second? It's just funny because you wish so much for your kids; and I so want Drew to be successful and happy with whatever he chooses to become. I mean we joke about it so many times, but sometimes, I really wonder what he is going to be when he grows up. I guess I will have to wait a good twenty or so years before we find out the answer to that one! Then again, maybe not. I don't even know what the answer for that myself at times!! Dope!



No comments: