Tuesday, October 4, 2011

And the Hits Just Keep On Coming

The title of this post is one of my favorite lines from A Few Good Men (there are way too many to count though.) Why I picked it today was I feel like we just are having a bad run of things.

Last night, we took Andrew back to River Oaks Elementary to play a little. I went back to get him some water and notice my front passenger window was down. But then I remembered that I didn't leave it down. And then it hit me, I saw all the broken glass and realized someone broke into the car and stole my purse.

I am astounded by how the crook(s) were brazen enough to do it in broad daylight with people around (at the park and those driving by). But I guess no one noticed them. Shoot, we didn't and we playing less than fifty yards away.

Yes, I know I shouldn't have left my purse in the car, but I didn't think we were going to be that long at the park and I didn't think someone would pull that kind of stunt risking getting caught. Well, I definitely thought wrong.

We called the police to see what to do. Andrew was so distraught. He kept asking why they took my purse and broke our window. And he kept yelling "Police, help!" and "Hurry!" like they could hear him. He was so confused by it all and kept asking questions and we tried to explain it as best we could.

But Andrew is always my saving grace. Daddy was really supportive to me, but Andrew really puts things into perspective. On the car ride home, he said "Mommy, it's going to be okay." And then later when James and I were talking out loud about the things in my purse of value, Andrew chimes in all concerned "My candy! My green lollipop!" It put a smile on our faces and in light of everything, we laughed at the horrid situation. No matter how bad things get, he makes me so happy and makes me realize that I am so blessed to have what I have.

Here are a couple of pictures that I took at the park before the incident.


No comments: