Sunday, June 6, 2010

Happy 34th Birthday, Mommy!

Mommy's birthday celebration started last night when Daddy and Andrew took me out for a birthday dinner at Nino's. We were nervous because it is a nicer restaurant. We had been to Vincent's before, but when we walked into Nino's, it seemed more intimate. Maybe because it was dinner time. But the hosts reassured us, kids were more than welcomed {but really, would they have said otherwise?} We decided to give it a try.

And to make things even more interesting, Andrew began fussing. For some strange reason, he wanted to sit in another area of the restaurant and not the one we were seated at which was in the front of the restaurant. I had thought it would be great to be sitting next to the windows so Andrew could watch the cars. But immediately, he kept saying "all done." I was scared that we were going to have to order our dinner to go.

But Andrew turned it around and dinner was great. He enjoyed his alfredo noodles and shredded Parmesan cheese (even needing seconds on the shredded cheese). I had a delicious seafood pasta and Daddy had a wonderful veal chop. We were so stuffed and didn't have room for dessert. But the birthday girl ordered tiramisu for later.

Then, today, we spent today in League City because we were going to attend Vanna's graduation party in the evening. Andrew spent most of the day playing with Papa, Ngoai, and Uncle Anh Tuan. He definitely wasn't attention starved. After his nap, Andrew wanted to run through the sprinklers. He is definitely getting more comfortable and braver each time we let him do it. Today, he kept asking for "more water"--meaning he wanted Papa to turn up the faucet to get more water surge.

Now for a moment to reflect. I have to say I dread my birthday more and more every year. I definitely don't look forward to getting older. I am not happy about being in my mid-30s!! Don't get me wrong. I love my life and wouldn't trade it for the world--just wish I was younger if that makes any sense. I know that my life has unfolded as it was meant to and that I have what I have because of everything I have done and gone through. I just hate the number game. Maybe we should just stop counting after thirty! Ha ha!! Oh well, nothing we/I can do about it. I will just have to grin and bear it. In all honesty and sincerity, I have so much to be thankful for...James, Andrew, my family, my friends, my health, my happiness, everything. So life isn't that bad for this 34 year old. Happy Birthday to me!!

I totally forgot to take pictures at Nino's. But I got a few snapshots of my best present ever running through the sprinklers!




No comments: