Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Flowers

Andrew and I went shopping this morning trying to check out clothes for him at a Macy's sale. By the time we got out of the mall, it was a little past 11am. So, I decided to take Andrew to lunch at Chick Fil A. Now, I am sure that most everyone knows how great Chick Fil A is, but can I tell you the one at Richmond and 610 is totally awesome!? We have been there numerous times, but we haven't really eaten inside the restaurant very often. But today, it was exceptional. An employee opened the door for us and greeted us. The cashier was very pleasant. Then, another employee offered to get a high chair for us, brought to our table, and then helped with putting one of their placemats down for Andrew. Then, the same employee who greeted us at the door came by to see if we were okay. And then lastly, the same employee who brought us the high chair took it back and took our tray for us too. The service was just exceptional; and everyone was so nice and helpful. To top it off, Andrew was so well behaved. He sat in the high chair the whole meal and ate very well. We are definitely going back again!

Since the weather was so nice, I thought I would take him to the zoo. He had taken a short nap in Macy's, so I thought he would be okay for an hour or so at the zoo. Well, on the drive over, he started to get tired. He is beginning to be like his Mommy--so easy to get sleepy in the car! I kept looking back at him to see if he had fallen asleep. And each time he was still wake so I kept driving. I must have looked back no less than 10 times. At the last light before the zoo, I looked back one more time; and he was still awake. But sure enough, as I was parking the car, he fell asleep. I didn't want to wake him so I turned around and headed home. I carried him upstairs and let him sleep.

After he woke up, I decided to take him to the park so that we could still take advantage of the nice weather. Andrew was all about trying to play with the other kids, but they were all older and didn't seem too interested in playing with him. So I tried to keep him occupied with the slides and the swing. I also took him to a grassy area and showed him the flowers (weeds). I picked one and let him hold it. He did try to put it in his mouth a few times. However, I kept saying "no mouth" over and over. I am guessing about 5-7 times. He held onto the flower the entire walk home without trying to put it back in his mouth. I was so proud of him for listening because more times than not, Andrew will disobey when we tell him "no mouth." He seems to love to test us. We'll see if it sticks. I am guessing not, but at least I know he understands the concept.

I just love this picture of him so I thought I would share it tonight. I hope this is the first of many flowers my little boy brings home for me. Ha ha!

No comments: